Friday, August 17, 2012

President's Corner


THE MEANING OF LIFE

(SOC GONZALES OC- 2386 PA)

N
owadays, joining the profession of arms is one of the jobs which many young Filipinos are sincerely wishing to join. The fact is that soldiery is one of the most stable and highest-paid government jobs in our country. But as we go through life, each and every one of us has different desires and hopes. The interest of a person develops and is influenced by the kind of environment he or she grew up. Some are very objective of what they want, while others are still doubtful of what they will treasure throughout their life. I can say that I am lucky enough to know my desires and conclude the direction of my life. Even as a child, I was already very sure of the pathway I desire the most.

 As I am only a few steps away towards my ambition of becoming a military officer, I am very fulfilled and even consider myself victorious. This was my childhood ambition. Seeing soldiers passing by our place from operations made my heart beat faster. All of a sudden, tears made my panther-like eyes wet. At the back of my fresh and uncorrupted mind I said to myself, “When I grow up, I want to belong to that hero and warrior-like group”.   

I found myself very objective of my desires and as time went by those thoughts never changed. It even came to the point that I deeply understood the whole purpose of it. Joining the ROTC Advance Corps of Cadets at the age of 16 deprived me to enjoy my youthful days as a normal college student. Putting away my civilian antics and embracing the regimental life - reporting at the ROTC headquarters every vacant period, military ceremony and subjects at weekends as well as mandatory trainings at military camps during semestral breaks and summer made my life busy, forgetting all other important things.  I was very eager to have it all because it made me happy. This happiness propelled me to endure all the hardships and challenges along the way. Surviving years of Cadetship from 4CL to 1CL transformed me into a more mature and well-rounded individual. Sincere dedication and commitment makes me hit the highest leadership position as the ROTC unit Corps Commander of Notre Dame of Marbel University in 2007. Receiving an efficiency medal for graduating as number 1 in one of my trainings and awards for leadership are manifestations of heavenly support for the fruits of my labor and sacrifices.

Through those experiences, I realize now that character is one of the most important things in in life. Skills and special gifts will only follow if you have  good character and values. A sincere heart can make a person know where they truly belong without any confusion and doubt. The fact is there are many jobs that offer high salaries, but I wholeheartedly chose this kind of profession which is hazardous and out of the ordinary. This only shows that my desire in joining the profession of arms is out of patriotism and sincere intention to serve the motherland.

We live only once. We all come and go in this amazing world so live the most out of it. Live life to the fullest. Satisfy yourself with the thing that makes you most happy and make a difference. For me, the whole satisfaction and happiness of my life is through soldiery, serving people by the will of God.

I want to have distinguished accomplishments for the good of my country because I believe, and  heaven knows, that I am capable to do the job. I want to leave a mark in history throughout my service so that I can influence others and be an inspiration to my fellow Filipinos in service of the nation. May my thoughts instill positively in the minds of the younger generations. If that will happen, I believe that many Filipinos will be successful in life.

The secret of success is simply having a sincere dedication of what you are aiming for with high sense of determination and positive attitude. Surely there are so many obstacles along the way but positive thinking and self-confidence are the solutions to the problems you are going to encounter. In case of trouble, always remember to call the name of the Lord for He is our master and creator. Think of your inspirations in life - your parents and family as a whole. Reinforce your motivations and ask God to support your spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional strength. For if God sees that your intentions are pure and for the good of others, no doubt He will give you the chance to lead people’s lives into success.

God really proves his existence by immediately answering my prayers in a single kneel. Humility is also very important. As God said, “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and he shall lift you up.”.

I am aiming to be a soldier and God gave me more than what I want. I am also thankful to the environment where I was molded. To my parents who guided me, mentors who helped me climb the ladder upwards, and most especially to the Almighty God - the creator of everything, the one and only God.

Joining the noblest job on earth, the profession of arms, is the purpose of my existence in this world. It is the meaning of my life. B


SOC GONZALES is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement and Public Safety
at Notre Dame of Marbel University.

No comments:

Post a Comment