Friday, August 17, 2012

Battalion Commander's Corner


The Good Grasp Of The Dream

(SOC AQUILATO OC-2370 PA)

T
ime moves pretty fast and if we don’t stes pretty fast and if we don'op to look around once in a while, it may pass us by. As I look back on our eleven amazing months of training, it is easy to see that the Officer Candidate School has played an instrumental role in helping to shape the young men and women in uniform with integrity and honor as their touchstone.  I could not even imagine how our class was able to resist the suffering, pain, and hardship in the training that we experienced here in OCS. The more I thought about it, however, the more real it becomes.

 This training determines our career as future military leaders. For the past few months, we have been given information and necessary knowledge and it is now the time to put it in good use. Now we are headed to our true journey in life - to become military officers in our own way; leaders who are willing to defend the flag of our country at all cost.  This is an answered prayer I was asking from God as it is actually the direction I was trying to pursue ever since I was an ROTC Cadet. During my ROTC days I was really determined to join the organization. I always recite the Cadet Creed with high hopes that soon I will take the oath and become an army officer committed to defend the value which makes the nation great.

From then on, every day brings me new chances which enable me to grow, new challenges to face, and new goals to pursue. Every day is a new step towards my pleasant dream. Every day is a new test for me. I came in Luzon to continue what I have started. I joined the Probationary Officer Training Course (MS43) and was commissioned as Second Lieutenant in the reserve force. But my passion to become an officer in the regular force kept me sane and enabled me to cover up the difficulties and challenges in everything I do.

When the class took their steps towards the plains of Luzon and hurdled the mountains of Tarlac to reach the portals of OCS, the realization of my dream illuminated from the deep. And I believe that there was nowhere to turn. All I have to do is to take control of life and direct it towards the outcome I want. With this, I decided to bite the bullet of my own future.

 Together, as a class, we endured many crises but we always found ways to emerge stronger than before. We’ve taken strenuous activities, performed unlimited exercises, gave our best in marching, and harvested wisdom whenever it is found. However, along the way, some failed to move forward. But we could not blame them because the military life is bound by so many confusions. Military life is really hard. But it is our duty to make this confusion be organized the way it has to be. Sometimes, we encountered situations which we never anticipated. There are also things that you must do even if you don’t want to.

To the KABALIKAT class, each of us chose a path. Whether it begins tomorrow or in September, things will never be the same again. Always remember that forgiveness is healthier than resentment and that friendship is infinitely more useful than hatred. I move onto my comrades - those people I enjoy spending time with -  and I guess for every colleague whom I learned to consider as brothers and sisters, it will always be difficult for me to detach from you.
 I wish I had some miraculous advice that would alter the course of your entire life. But I only experienced just as much as you have. We all have different expectations for our lives and therefore can’t use other people’s standards in judging our own destiny. There is a lot of power inside each of us waiting to be unleashed.  As we end one glorious chapter of our career, a new one begins. We still have a fresh blank page ahead of us. It is up to us to grab our pen and write our own stories in the battlefield. B

SOC AQUILATO is a graduate of Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education Major in Mathematics
at Caraga State University.


No comments:

Post a Comment